Our Environmental Mission
We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment that goes beyond our legal duties. We also have choices about how we work, the materials we use and how we source them. Each one of these choices can have a positive impact on the environment if we are careful and consistent in the choices and decisions we make.
At Hydrocare Leisure Limited, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and to finding ways to continually improve our environmental performance. This is not an afterthought or ‘add-on’, but a fundamental part of our strategy and business processes. It starts with training and educating our team at Hydrocare. We look to work with suppliers who have an ethos similar to our own and we help our customers to operate their pool or jacuzzi in an eco-friendly way.
As Directors, we are responsible for implementing our environmental policy. All of our employees are aware of our environmental ethos and they each have a personal responsibility
for ensuring our key business commitments set out below are met.
James and Julie Phillpot
Directors Hydrocare Leisure Limited
Key Business Commitments:
- Reduce our general waste, and single use plastics in our office
- We will only use licensed waste management organisations to dispose of waste and chemicals
- Annual training workshops for all our staff to continually improve our environmental performance
- Continue to measure and reduce our UK and international carbon footprint by:
- Installing new energy efficient heating and cooling systems in our business premises
- Improve our fleet fuel efficiency via a programme of replacing our older vans on a rolling basis with new more efficient vehicles
- Implementing vehicle tracking technology and efficient diary management to eliminate unnecessary journeys
- Increase use of video conferencing technology to reduce the need for travel to face to face meetings
- Changing all of our key internal business processes from ‘paper-based’ to digital using latest technology and straight through processing to become ‘paper-free’ during 2021
Supplier engagement is a key part of our strategy. We work closely with them to:
- Improve our understanding of where and how their products are produced and buying local wherever possible
- Ensuring the majority of our stock and equipment is made and sourced in the UK
- Recycle or reuse packaging provided by our suppliers
- Reducing the number of orders placed per week to help reduce our carbon footprint.
We work closely with our customers to help them reduce their impact on the environment in the following ways:
- We provide a range of energy efficient pool covers as it is one of the best ways to reduce their environmental impact and save money; where possible we repair covers instead of replacing them
- Use of a timer on pool pumps
- Solar panels can be used to power some types of automatic covers
- Pool maintenance contracts ensure the pool is kept operating in the most efficient way and helps avoid blocked or contaminated filters
- Correct backwashing routines help retain water
- We advise that heat pumps are the most energy efficient way to heat a swimming pool where suitable
- We recommend where possible UV and Salt Chlorinators to reduce the use of chemicals