Hydrocare Leisure is one of Sussex’s leading swimming pool companies and a current member of SPATA (Swimming Pool and Allied Trade Professionals).
Based in Sheffield Park, East Sussex, Hydrocare Leisure provide pool installations and maintenance across Mid-Sussex. Whether it is a small family pool or a large commercial pool we strive to maintain a high quality service. This approach is why we have such a high level of repeat custom, why our customers rate us so highly on Google and Facebook and how we are growing our business ‘organically’ through personal recommendations.
Pool Engineering Team
The Pool Engineering Team is responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer pools and spas. The team is well known for their friendly and efficient service. The team of skilled and qualified swimming pool engineers undertake all aspects of pool care including the Installation of new Home & Commercial Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs and Spas.
The Pool Engineering Team is overseen by the Technical Manager who reports to the company Directors and liaises closely with them to deliver first class service to the Hydrocare Leisure Customers. The Technical Manager and the Directors will agree a schedule of works on a weekly or monthly basis.
This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with Hydrocare Team members and with clients to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of pool care, including the installation of new domestic & commercial swimming pools, hot tubs and spas.
The Technical Manager is the ‘face of the Company’ and is often the primary point of contact for customers and engineering staff. The day-to-day duties of the Technical Manager are varied and the job holder needs to remain flexible to manage changing needs of the business and it’s customers.
Senior Pool Engineer’s daily duties may include the following activities:
- Overall responsibility for the efficient running of jobs allocated to them by the Directors
- Day to day management and supervisory responsibility for Hydrocare Leisure permanent staff or contractors assigned to work on site
- Management of the Site and all activities by staff (Hydrocare Leisure permanent staff and contractors), ensuring all health and safety protocols are observed
- Primary point of contact for customers during any maintenance, servicing or installation works
- Primary point of contact for handling customer complaints relating to jobs allocated to them
- Taking a strategic view on any decisions to ensure maximisation of objectives and targets of the business
- Preparation of new job quotes and all associated paperwork following company processes and using company online IT systems
- Identification of cross selling and referral opportunities and discussing them with a Director to agree how to follow up
- Ad Hoc Duties requested by a Director as and when required
- Maintaining a high standard of safety for self and others
- Compliance with all statutory regulations, health and safety executive, Company SPATA membership requirements, personal ISPE membership requirements, GDPR, etc.
- Day to day responsibility for supervision and management of the Poole Engineering Team members
- Whole ‘customer job’ supervision from inception to completion
- Attend customer premises to complete initial consultations/fault finding
- Input to design of new installations or schedule of works
- Undertake annual servicing to include cleaning of filters, visual inspection of all moving parts
- Test chemical balance of pool water, and add additional as required
- Routine maintenance and servicing of pools, Jacuzzis and spas
- Re-building of plant rooms
- Pressure testing of pipework
- Leak detection and repair
- Installation and maintenance or replacement of:
- Pool liners
- Filtration systems including UV systems
- Pool heating systems
- Knowledge/fault finding within AHU (Air Handling Systems)
- General building and maintenance including:
- Deep clean tiled/concrete pool decks
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding complex pool engineering technical skills acquired over a period of years
- High attention to detail with an ability to resolve complex engineering challenges
- Demonstrable people management skills acquired over a period of years
- Demonstrable site management and job planning skillsAccurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks relating to numerous concurrent jobs/projects
- Knowledge and experience of computer aided design (CAD) software
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and Hydrocare leisure colleagues
- Strong professional and confident communication skills (both verbal and written)
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in pool maintenance and/or pool plant operations
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Individual ISPE (Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers) Membership. Full member or Fellow is preferred
- Gas Safe
- Full clean UK driving licence
- No pre-existing medical conditions that would preclude the job holder from undertaking what can be arduous outdoor working and handling dangerous chemicals
- Additional trade qualifications relevant to maintenance/installation
- Management qualification
- PADI Diving