Hydrocare Leisure is one of Sussex’s leading swimming pool companies and a current member of SPATA (Swimming Pool and Allied Trade Professionals).
Based in Sheffield Park, East Sussex, Hydrocare Leisure provide pool installations and maintenance across Mid-Sussex. Whether it is a small family pool or a large commercial pool we strive to maintain a high quality service. This approach is why we have such a high level of repeat custom, why our customers rate us so highly on Google and Facebook and how we are growing our business ‘organically’ through personal recommendations.
Pool Engineering Team
The Pool Engineering Team is responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer pools and spas. The team is well known for their friendly and efficient service. The team of skilled and qualified swimming pool engineers undertake all aspects of pool care including the Installation of new home & commercial swimming pools, hot tubs and spas.
The Pool Engineer reports to the Technical Manager and liaises closely with them to deliver first class service to the Hydrocare Leisure Customers. The Technical Manager and Directors will agree a schedule of works on a weekly or monthly basis for the Pool Engineering Team to complete.
This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of pool care, including the installation of new domestic & commercial swimming pools, hot tubs and spas.
The Pool Engineer is the ‘face of the Company’ and is often the primary point of contact for customers. The day-to-day duties of the Senior Pool Engineer are varied and the job holder must remain alert and flexible to changing requirements of the company and it’s customers.
Pool Engineer’s daily duties may include some or all of the following activities:
- Day to day responsibility for the efficient running of jobs allocated to them by the Technical Manager or the Directors
- Management of the Site and activities by staff (Hydrocare Leisure permanent staff and contractors), ensuring all health and safety protocols are observed
- Primary point of contact for customers during any maintenance, servicing or installation works
- Primary point of contact for handling customer complaints relating to jobs allocated to them
- Identification of cross selling and referral opportunities and passing them to the Technical Manager for action
- Preparation of new job quotes and all associated paperwork following company processes and using company online IT systems
- Ad Hoc Duties requested by the Technical Manager or a Director as and when required
- Maintaining a high standard of safety for self and others
- Compliance with all statutory regulations, health and safety executive, Company SPATA membership requirements, personal ISPE membership requirements, GDPR, etc.
- On site customer job completion from inception to completion
- Attend customer premises to complete initial consultations/fault finding
- Input to design of new installations or schedule of works
- Undertake annual servicing to include cleaning of filters, visual inspection of all moving parts
- Test chemical balance of pool water, and add additional as required
- Routine maintenance and servicing of pools and spas
- Assist with re-building of plant rooms
- Pressure testing of pipework
- Leak detection and repair
- Installation and maintenance or replacement of:
- Pool liners
- Filtration systems including UV systems
- Pool heating systems
- Knowledge/fault finding within AHU (Air Handling Systems)
- General building and maintenance including
- Deep clean tiled/concrete pool decks
Skills and Experience:
- Complex pool engineering technical skills acquired over a period of years
- High attention to detail with an ability to resolve complex engineering challenges
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks relating to numerous concurrent jobs/projects
- Demonstrable on site job planning skills
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and Hydrocare leisure colleagues
- Strong professional and confident communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge and experience of computer aided design (CAD) software
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in pool maintenance and/or pool plant operations
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Individual ISPE (Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers) Membership. Full member or Fellow is preferred
- Gas Safe
- Full clean UK driving licence
- No pre-existing medical conditions that would preclude the job holder from undertaking what can be arduous outdoor working and handling dangerous chemicals
- Additional trade qualifications relevant to maintenance/installation