Hydrocare Leisure is one of Sussex’s leading swimming pool companies and a current member of SPATA (Swimming Pool and Allied Trade Professionals).
Based in Sheffield Park, East Sussex, Hydrocare Leisure provide pool installations and maintenance across Mid-Sussex. Whether it is a small family pool or a large commercial pool we strive to maintain a high quality service. This approach is why we have such a high level of repeat custom, why our customers rate us so highly on Google and Facebook and how we are growing our business ‘organically’ through personal recommendations.
Pool Engineering Team
The Pool Engineering Team is responsible for the installation and maintenance of customer pools and spas. The team is well known for their friendly and efficient service. The team of skilled and qualified swimming pool engineers undertake all aspects of pool care including the Installation of new Home & Commercial Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs and Spas.
The SPA and Pool Service Engineer reports to the Technical Manager and works closely with them to deliver first class service to the Hydrocare Leisure Customers. The Technical Manager will agree a schedule of customer servicing activities on a weekly or monthly basis and allocate those to the SPA and Pool Service Engineer.
The SPA and Pool Servicing Engineer is often the primary point of contact for customers and is seen as ‘the face of the Company’. This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of pool, hot tubs and spas servicing.
The day-to-day duties of the SPA and Pool Servicing Engineer are varied and the job holder must remain flexible to changes in job or customer requirements.
Spa and Pool Engineer’s daily duties may include some or all of the following activities:
- On site responsibility for the efficient running of servicing jobs allocated to them
- Customer satisfaction ratings relating to opening and closing pools, SPAs and hot tubs
- Ensuring all health and safety protocols are observed on site, maintaining a high standard of safety for self and others
- Initial point of contact for customers during any maintenance or servicing works
- Initial point of contact for handling customer queries or complaints relating to jobs allocated to them
- Following company processes and using company online IT systems
- Ad Hoc Duties requested by the Technical Manager or a Director as and when required
- Compliance with all statutory regulations, health and safety executive, Company SPATA membership requirements, personal ISPE membership requirements, GDPR, etc.
- Opening and closing of customer pools, SPAs and Hot Tubs
- Undertake annual servicing to include cleaning of filters, visual inspection of all moving parts
- Test chemical balance of pool water, and add additional as required
- General building and pool surround maintenance including:
- Deep clean tiled/concrete pool decks
Skills and Experience:
- Pool servicing technical skills acquired over a period of years
- High attention to detail with an ability to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks relating to numerous concurrent jobs/projects
- Demonstrable strong team working skills acquired over a period of years
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with customers, suppliers and Hydrocare Leisure colleagues
- Strong professional and confident communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
- Full clean UK driving licence
- No pre-existing medical conditions that would preclude the job holder from undertaking what can be arduous outdoor working and handling dangerous chemicals
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in pool, SPA and Hot Tub maintenance and servicing
- Individual ISPE (Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers) Membership
- Additional trade qualifications relevant to maintenance, servicing or pool installations
- PADI Diving qualification